Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Which Wing?

A request. Can everybody who understands The West Wing please raise their hands?

Just as I suspected...

Is it just me, or is this one of the fastest-talking most quick-witted programs on tv at the moment? Maybe it helps if you're American, but I don't know. It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. To check whether, in fact, it literally is 'just me', I recently conducted a poll at work involving the one other person I know who watches The West Wing. His viewing of the program was recounted as follows:

Friend's wife: "So do you know what they're talking about?"
Friend: "Nup".
Friend's wife: "Do you know what that person is doing?"
Friend: "Nup".
Friend's wife: "Do you even know what show this is?"
Friend: "Yep, it's The West Wing - top show!"

And that is the ridiculous enigma that is The West Wing.

3 comments:

Afe said...

The secret to watching the West Wing is to hire it on DVD. That way you can pause it when your brain starts to hurt and go stare at the wall for a bit while your brain recovers. Subtitles are also CRUCIAL.

Jim said...

Check out Deadwood, yo. If Bill Shakespeare had gone to the frontier and learnt to swear a lot, he would have written this show.

Ali said...

Courtesy of a JB HiFi mag, it is with utter astonishment that I can state that there are currently 5 seasons of the West Wing available on DVD. FIVE! How oh how did I miss this cult?