Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Lopsided Square

Question. Are doonas square?

My better half would like to claim that ours is, but I beg to differ.

This quandary came into play when one of our (yet to be identified) petties left a gift on our usual oodna-doonie, and we had to call for a reinforcement. Well now, doonie mark 2 looked fine on the bed, but within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow it became apparent that this blanky was tiny - a facewasher. At least on MY side anyway.


I knew that Jesse couldn't possibly have been asleep at that stage, so I made a few little grumpy noises to give him the idea... but no response. Becoming increasingly huffier, I then tried to pull the blanky over, no longer really caring whether Jesse was asleep or not. But no joy was had.

And that is when I started thinking that the doona must have been the wrong way round. You know. Stretching long-ways down the bed... Which made sense if Jesse wanted to keep his monster feet warm. However, when confronted in a blur of anger later that night, I was impolitely assured that no, the doona was square, and there was no 'wrong way round'. Humph.

I'm not convinced. And since I seem to have been doing quite well in the blanky stakes since that night, I'm reading the lack of follow-up as implied consent. Ali - 1. Jesse - none none none!

2 comments:

Jim said...

What the? You have more than one pissy pet now? My money's on the spaniel, simply because I don't how the gibbon (or whatever animal you have added) carries itself viz-a-viz pee.

Ali said...

Dear JB

Blogger acknowledges your attempt to protect ASS' alleged IP rights. However, I regret to advise that neither Blogger nor anybody else recognises ASS' purported "oodna-doonie" mark, as any such claim was implicitly waived upon your departure from Bris Vegas... and it's just silly... and we're going to accept its use anyway.

Consequently, idle threats of mysterious *ss-kicking will not be tolerated.

Yar.