Monday, August 14, 2006

The Meaning of It All...

A friend of mine (Miss Kris P) is currently traveling on the Trans-Siberian railway and, despite slow internet connections and foreign keyboards, she manages to check-in with a diary update every week or so. Aside from being well-impressed by this effort, it got me thinking, "Gee Al, you really are an incredibly slack ol' git. Why don't you set up a blog so that your far-flung (and not-so-far-flung) friends and acquaintances can keep up with your many fascinating comings and goings?" In response, I concurred that this was, indeed, not such a bad idea. Indeed, I might even get props from my hubby's IT buddies...

So, what can I report? Hmmm... I may have to include some historical info here, just to fill everybody in. So here we go...

I was going to begin with a recount of a harrowing eyebrow-wax experience I incurred a couple of weeks ago. However, since that time I have had my wisdom teeth out, which has just narrowly ousted the 'brows tale for poll position.

Still, the moral of the story is that I miss my wisdom teeth. I mean, I only have three all up, so with two now gone and only one left to come through, things are really quiet on the dental front. I realise that they never really served a purpose - I don't THINK my wisdom has dropped since they were wrenched from my body - but still. And what about the pain?? Nobody told me about the constant ache that would drive me loopy for over a week. All I heard about was how the noises would be horrible etc etc. So listen up all those other unsuspecting wisdom teeth hugging kiddies out there - the experience in the dental chair is fine! Even when one tooth takes over an hour and a half to get out!! It is, in fact, the following week or so, drugged up on painkillers, that you have to worry about. Still, the good news is that they have now healed and I am in no way bitter about the entire ordeal. So that's that.

Moving on to current matters, I am presently listening to Bjork's album "Debut". A little odd, but it keeps me chillin' at work, so it's doing the job. And who doesn't love 'Big Time Sensuality'? Honestly???

Looking ahead, after some coercion from a couple of work buddies, it looks as though we're hitting some ridiculous Latin dance do tomorrow night, which should be interesting. Bring on the daiquiris!! Following that, on Wednesday we have the most exciting of public holidays - the Brisbane Ekka holiday. Unfortunately, I've already had the flu this year, so there seems little need for me attend. Instead, the boy and I shall be making the intrepid trek up to the Sunshine Coast for Jesse's grandma's 80th birthday bash! Will be good to catch up with Jesse's folks, but someone help me - what the hell do you get an 80-year old that isn't frilly or smelly?? All suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Props, yo.

Ali said...

Wikki wikki, dogg. I made it fade and everything. For real.