Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Wee Quizzle

Being completely unoriginal and thoroughly inspired by other friends' blogs, I thought I'd throw in a wee quiz to see how well all you chickens know my music. Below, I've included the first line from the next 50 random songs shuffled through media player. I'm looking for song title and artist, so let the comment frenzy begin!! (And remember, NO GOOGLING!!!)

1. I can't get out of bed today, or get you off my mind.

2. OooohaWhoa Yeah yeah yeah yeah Oh yeah Aha Now baby come on, don't claim that love you never let me feel.

3. Woke up this morning, from the strangest dream.
Holy Grail - Hunters & Collectors

4. I was born, long ago; I am the chosen I'm the one.
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

5. Must be your skin that I'm sinkin' in, must be for real cause now I can feel.
Glycerine - Bush

6. Sunshine on my window, makes me happy, like I should be.
Calypso - Spiderbait

7. I wanna know what he knows, I wanna feel what he felt.
Apply Candy - Ben Lee

8. When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eyes.
Creep - Radiohead

9. Go to sleep now and dream of him close.

10. Beauty queen of only 18.
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

11. Take those shackles off my feet so I can dance.
Shackles (Praise You) - Mary Mary

12. Lalala Lalaal'lala Lalala Lalaal'lala...

13. Ah, We move like cagey tigers.
Love Cats - The Cure


14. Everyone gather round now, sing us a song, just in case by tomorrow it happens he's gone.
Steven's Last Night In Town - Ben Folds Five

15. Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you, I'm still alright to smile.
Patience - Guns n Roses

16. Oooh...Eah! Baby girl, where you at? Got no strings, got men attached.

17. I thought love was only true in fairytales.
I'm A Believer - Smashmouth

18. Hangin' round. downtown by myself, and I had so much time to sit and think about myself.

19. She came all the way from America.
Mean To Me - Crowded House

20. Duty, who's your master? Who gave you fingers? Who gave you to me?
The Baron of Sentiment - Augie March

21. Load up on guns, bring your friends; It's fun to lose, and to pretend.
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

22. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
Ain't No Sunshine - Marvin Gaye

23. Have you ever been close to tragedy.
Knock on Wood - Mighty Mighty Bosstones

24. Step out the front door like a ghost into the fog.
Round Here - Counting Crows

25. Drink up, baby down; Mmm, Are you in or are you out?

26. When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide.
The Beatles - Helter Skelter

27. All aboard that funkboat I'm about to start sailing now.

28. Her name is Noelle.

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

29. A few questions that I need to know, How you could ever hurt me so.
Never Ever - All Saints

30. She said to me, "Go steady on me".

31. Friday night I'm going nowhere, All the lights are changing green to red.
Babylon - David Gray

32. My baby don't care for shows.
My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone

33. Right about now, The funk soul brother.
Rockafella Skank - Fatboy Slim

34. Waitin', watchin' the clock.
Better Man - Pearl Jam

35. It ain't no joke, I'd like to buy the world a toke.

36. And I'd give up forever to touch you.
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

37. Seems I've played the game for much too long.

38. Sometimes I feel I've got to, Run away.
Tainted Love - Soft Cell

39. This is a call to the colourblind, This is an IOU.
Bigger Than My Body - John Mayer

40. Even now, the world is bleedin'; But feelin' just fine, all numb in our castle.

41. It's sitting by the overcoat, The second shelf, The note she wrote.
Long Day - Matchbox 20

42. I had no choice but to hear you.

43. Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh no no.

44. It's so hot in here... Oooh, It's so hot and I need some air.

45. This is the story of a girl.

46. Sometimes some people get me wrong.


47. He's a movie star; Only drives rented cars.

48. I can't stand to fly.
Superman - Five for Fighting

49. Na na na na na oh. Oh, been trying to let it go; Trying to keep my eyes closed.

50. I'm gonna drink my whiskey, I'm gonna have my man, I know you got nothing to say.


7 comments:

Afe said...

Hello and welcome to being a internet NERD.

3. Hunters & Collectors - The Holy Grail
4. Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way?
5. Bush - Glycerin
6. Spiderbait - Calypso
7. Ben Lee - Apple Candy
8. Radiohead - Creep
11. Mary Mary - Shackles (?)
13. The Cure - Love Cats
14. Ben Folds Five - Steven's Last Night in Town
15. Guns 'n Roses - Patience
17. The Monkees / Smashmouth - I'm a Believer
19. Crowded House - Mean to Me
20. Augie March - The Baron of Sentiment
21. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
23. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Knock on Wood
24. Counting Crows - 'Round Here
26. The Beatles - Helter Skelter
28. Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
34. Pearl Jam - Better Man
36. The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
38. Soft Cell (?) - Tainted Love
39. John Mayer - Bigger than My Body
41. Matchbox 20 - Long Day

Jim said...

22. Ain't No Sunshine - Marvin Gaye
31. Babylon - David Gray
32. My baby just cares for me - Nina Simone
33. Rockafeller Skank - Fat Boy Slim

22 and 32 are standards, so I'm probably off with the artists...

Ali said...

Well, that was almost a clean sweep right there, wasn't it? Glad to see you guys restrained yourselves to a daily answer quota! :)

Having had a very quick scroll down the list it looks as though only 23 lonely souls remain. And peering even more closely, it looks as though only a pop dag is going to finish them off! (Yes, probably me - unless some other shameless dork [read Jesse] beats me to it.)

Anonymous said...

Number 10 - Maroon 5 - She will be loved. And number 29 - maybe All Saints - Never Ever?

Ali said...

...and the gold star goes to Aletta. Very glad to see a work buddy step up to the plate on this one! (Nudge nudge fellow enforcererers.)

Anonymous said...

I have tried reading through them again. I think I may most likely be wrong, but here goes my guesses:

Number 16 - Mr Big - I'm the one who wants to be with you (deep inside I hope you feel it too)?

Number 48 - Train - Superman

I know exactly how "This is the story of a girl" goes, I can hear that damn tune in my head, but have no idea who sings it. Challenge to work buddies: If anyone is willing to listen to me trying to sing ... I'm willing to try singing so we can solve this thing ....

Ali said...

Half a point for those guesses Aletta. (But full points for dedication to the cause!!) :)

Superman is spot on, but according to my indepent experts the artist is Five for Fighting. As for No. 16, think male African American artists (but not humungous stars). And if you want to sing Story of a Girl at work tomorrow, I am all ears!