Monday, August 28, 2006

Big Tease

Has anyone checked out Lux's new "Luminous Touch" body wash? Whilst dawdling down the bathroom aisle at Coles the other day (home of NAS tomato sauce, remember), I couldn't resist the beautifully tantalising new Lux body wash bottles. This particular "Luminous Touch" bottle was a lovely golden hue with little sparkly things on it, and it couldn't help but make you feel glad to be grubby.

Aaanyway, having purchased said bottle, I rushed home and jumped in the shower, ready to give it a red hot rumble. Well, it smelled fantastic and it looked gorgeous - all shiny and full of glittery bits. I couldn't help but drift off into images of the new bronzed Aussie Al that was sure to emerge from this cleansing extravaganza. After all, this luxurious goop was packed with 'shea cream' and 'skin illuminators', or so the bottle told me. (NB: I'm not sure what skin illuminators
are exactly, but I imagine that they must be bubbly little critters with great personalities. Like this.)

In fact, the bottle went so far as to say that this body wash "...wraps your skin in a light reflective veil of shea cream and delicate skin brighteners, leaving your skin with a beautiful glow you can see."

I ask you, with descriptors like that, it is any wonder that I am saddened to say that, since using Luminous Touch yesterday, not one person has commented on how much I look like Jennifer Hawkins. In fact, nobody appears to have noticed my newly-acquired veil of luminosity at all.

Still, don't get me wrong. I don't mean to be defamatory in any way. Indeed, it may just be my particular bottle that doesn't quite hit the mark. But I can't help but think that there seems to be an inherent conflict of interest between something that will enveil my skin despite being 'rinsed well'. In fact, it gives me pause to consider, where oh where is an over-zealous disclosure regime when you really need it?

2 comments:

Cee said...

I love the smell, but unfortunately my skin has not attained any luminous qualities. Very sad. I want to try the purple sparkly one now :-)

Ali said...

Actually, I just cracked open a bottle of the purple one the other day. Being a similar fan of the smell of the gold one, I felt sure the purple one would be magic. But alas, no. Gold is still numero uno... though the blue challenger is still waiting in the wings.