Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hurrah

I have a dream. A dream that, one day, much like chicken, all things in this world will taste like tomato sauce. It is truly the greatest of condiments, converting all variety of dull and lifeless edibles into zesty red packages of sunshine!

And that is why, when my love affair with salt came to an abrupt halt earlier this year, it was with crushing devastation that I realised that I was to part ways with tomato sauce (and indeed its many offspring of barbecue sauces, soy sauces and so on).

UNTIL YESTERDAY! For yesterday, I discovered my first bottle of No Added Salt (NAS) Tomato Sauce!!

"Hurrah!!" I hear you think. Well, I'm afraid 'hurrah' is not enough my kiddles. Not nearly enough. In fact, I am calling for all you avid readers to go out tonight and pick up your very own bottle of NAS tomato sauce! For it is only through sheer purchasing power that NAS tomato sauce will retain its crucial position on the shopping centre shelf... and nobody wants to think about what I'll do the day I turn up to Coles and it's not there...

So go now my children! Embrace the wickedness that is NAS tomato sauce (and save a poor.. sick.. girl's.. remaining sanity).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not ignore the pleas of lil Al to go forth and buy NAS Tomato Sauce. I will never buy original tasting Tomato Sauce again!!! Promise.

Ali said...

Good work Mutti! Now if they just made NAS sausages I could have a whole bbq! :)

Jim said...

My mother once bought that stuff when we were kids. Revolution ensued. The very concept is now taboo chez mes parents, lest the UN troops be forced to return.