Monday, November 20, 2006

Texas Holdem Poker Modown Night Thingy

They came. They drank. They lost a bit of money. And self respect.

But the mo's were the winner on the night.

With a $15 chips buy-in and $5 entry fee going to Movember (good lads), it was clear that all were psyched for a serious evening of betting, bluffing and sticking cards on their heads.

As the high rollers gathered at the table, it was anyone's game. There were some seasoned pros and some cocky amateurs, but each had their tale to tell and all sought to leave triumphant with the smell of many many cheap, sticky chips still lingering on their palms.

Who would do it? Who's cuisine would reign supreme?

Well who cares, really?* The important thing is that Jesse lost all but his dacks and a stomping (though blurry) night was had all 'round.

*Ok, if you absolutely must know, I think the standing was something like Andy, Afe, Dave, Gav and, let me reiterate, hubby a distant last.

3 comments:

Afe said...

That photo incriminates me as a thief. I am clearly shown drinking one of Jesse's delicious, delicious beers.

Afe said...

P.S. Please send me the photos!! I must have all of them!

Ali said...

No worries Afe, I'm on the job. (Be warned though that these were the best, most normal-looking of the photos). Scary but true.

I was secretly hoping that yours may have turned out better.