Saturday, November 11, 2006

Oblivion Anon

I've played some great games in my time. Sims, Duke Nukem 3D, Sleuth. But recently, I've been overwhelmingly disappointed with the same ol' same ol', boring, boycentric games pervading the market. Ok, I understand that the backers of these games are too nancy-pantsed to actually lash out on an innovative game that could be a monumental flop. But that understanding doesn't help me when I'm ready to spend some cold, hard cash.

I cannot overly stress my disgust at the current Xbox 360 range. What an absolute pack of rubbish - mindless zombie-smacking, army-stacking and sports games. BLURGH!

My only happy place in this void of misery, is the mighty, epic saga that is The Elder Scrolls IV - or 'Oblivion' for short. I love love love this game, and am most distressed that I've basically finished it.

Where oh where are the little jumpy man games for Xbox? The arcade games are lame as. Oh, how I wish they would bring back the classics... Captain Comic, Commander Keen, Double Dragon. (Clearly alliteration is the sign of a top game).

The take-home message? Work harder moles. Chicks like consoles too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want jumpy man, then you're on the wrong console. Go get yourself a nintendo.

Ali said...

I know! I thought all the consoles had similar games - sadly no. My research will be far more thorough next time.