Thursday, November 09, 2006

So Hot Right Now

Show and tell time. Or, at least, a few musical comments ripe for purging.

Panic! At the disco - "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out"

How much am I loving these guys right now? SO much, let me tell you. I loath that slow, sooky-assed, punk rock rubbish that has been jamming the airways of late, but 'A Fever You Can't Sweat Out' is just my thing - fast, catchy and a little kooky. Oh! And so many great, zany, long song titles! I just hate that it's mainstream and overplayed. Grrr...

Robbie Williams - "Rudebox"

What did I miss here? I went to make a coffee, and in the meantime Robbie ripped out another extremely ordinary album. He may be the biggest pop icon in the world (tag-teaming with the illustrious J Timberlake), but someone needs to break it to Robbie that white men just can't rap. Truly. It all sounds like Ali G to me. There are some moderately interesting 80s throwbacks in the set, but generally, this album is just bad bad bad. Perhaps it could be amusing once 'round with alcohol... But probably not.

John Mayer - "Continuum"

Aaaaah, take a chill pill with young Mr Mayer. Easy listening, some poignant lyrics (I'm peachy keen on the 'Belief' track at the moment) and plenty of lazy guitar solos. Every day's a Sunday with this one. Lovely.

No comments: