Thursday, September 14, 2006

Week of the Devil

It is a bad week. A bad bad week. And I have had enough of it.

As a chaser to the coffee debacle that was Tuesday, and in an extremely unsurprising (or should I say 'unORIGINal') turn of events, a not-to-be-named gas company has destroyed my front garden.

The short version is that, under the laughable guise of moving our gas meter to the front of the house, an unruly mob of bumbling, Neolithic, putrid-orange-clad (and you know how I detest orange) bastards crash-tackled my garden. Not just any garden, mind you. My special newly-established garden which I have painstakingly watered with a crappy little watering can every day for the last 3 months.

Now although flipping completely off the hinge is not a common pastime for me, this wee shenanigan pulled the trigger. I had the phone at the ready and I wasn't afraid to use it. If only the damn complaints line was open beyond business hours. (Ha! Like 'business' hours even apply. 'Scum-sucking monopoly' hours perhaps, but I digress...)

The point is, I am now an angry angry little munchkin, with no garden and no meaningful avenue for revenge. In fact, my only solace comes in knowing that this is, without doubt, the Week of the Devil (oooooohhh); and if I can just make it through one more day, peace will return, balance will be restored, and those repugnant bastards will get hit by a tractor-trailer.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I neglected to mention that they also cut a hole in our driveway and 'fixed it up' by filling it with dirt...

I may be naive, but I'm still hoping they may come back and concrete it in a couple of days. If not, then it will be just one more thing to include in my complaint. Never fear!