Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Great Flood of '06

I have just spilt my very very full cup of coffee all over my desk!

BUGGER!

Bloody twisted phone cord knocked it over!!

I don't usually shout myself a special non-instant coffee, but this morning I splurged. And for what? For a sticky pool of sludge all over everything!!! My phone, my files (eek), my pens, bulldog clips, holepuncher, business cards... (And no, it doesn't help that I am an absolute grot when it comes to putting away things on my work desk.)

Aaanyway, I have embarrassingly made numerous trips to the bathroom/kitchen to get paper towels to mop this mess up. So my desk now looks better than ever - pity about the distinctive smell though... I wonder if anyone will notice...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How rude! Maybe you should suggested to the cleaning staff that they use coffee as a scented desk-cleaning agent?

Ali said...

Mmmm.. perhaps. Then again, if questioned about the odd odour surrounding my desk, maybe I'll just blame the cleaning staff full stop.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you really knocked that coffee over?? Or was it a tanty because they made it tooooo strong?