Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Just One More Happy Camper

Five minutes ago I was one narky little chicken. But not now. Oh no. Five minutes ago I wanted stark revenge and painful retribution. But all that rage has since magically vanished.

That's right, I've put on a 'happy face'. The face that sunk a thousand witty comebacks and saved many a precarious relationship from a looming, earth-shattering kaboom. "Ooooh... what a happy wee face you have there!" say my many imaginary Irish friends as I try to slap them with potatoes.

Well, I tell you what Paddy, if I was true to myself, I'd publish the hard-core vent I've just saved as a draft. But my annoyingly wise and level-headed hubby has advised against it citing professional repercussions and potential legal suits.

So here I am. Sitting. Festering. With my hippity-hap-hap-happy face on.

1 comment:

Jim said...

From the book of Lucksmiths:

She laughs at that old saying ‘let a smile be your umbrella’ I tell her ‘the next time that it’s raining I will hold it over you’.