Monday, July 09, 2007

World of Warcraft (and Silly Little Boys)

A most amazing thing happened to me the other day when I was playing Warcraft...

Most Warcraft sessions involve me seeking out fellow players to help in the odd quest. But the other day a strange thing happened - I received an unprecedented number of group invites, guild membership proposals and unsolicited comments.

One guy (a pov little lvl 1 human) even singled out my alt's* avatar** (Tinks) amongst the throng outside Stormwind auction house, and proceeded to follow me to the bank and out to the Stormwind gates. He soon whispered me***, which I stupidly responded to, and the next thing I knew he was following me out the gates into Elwynn Forest. I tried to hide behind one of the castle's buttresses on the way out, but no cigar.

He asked if he could hang out with me, but I explained that with me being a mighty lvl 12 and him a lowly lvl 1, I just didn't think the relationship would work. Despite this seemingly reasonable argument, he blindly followed me into Elwynn Forest where he was promptly slaughtered by a murloc. Sadly not before he offered to pay**** me to let him hang around though.

(And yes, I asked him what exactly he thought he'd be buying, and he responded with 'A friend').

(Puh-).

(-Lease).

Fortunately, I ran away before he ressed***** and haven't heard from him since.

I guess what still stumps me is what the big deal was the other day. Jesse thinks it may have been my sparkling personality. But I don't know...




Methinks Tinks' newly-acquired Bloodspattered Loincloth of the Bear may also bear some responsibility.


*"Alt" - alternative character (generally created when supreme boredom with your initial character kicks in).
**"Avatar" - visual representation of a character.
***"Whisper" - the act of sending a real-time message exclusively to one player.
****"Pay me" - in WoW money of course... what do you take me for?
*****"Ressed" - resurrected. .. duh...

1 comment:

jamespeter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.