Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Absolute Bollocks

Two weeks ago to the day I attended my first trivia night. And won. (With just a little help from the other geniuses in my team, of course).

Unsurprisingly, following on from this unprecedented high, one week ago to the day I attended my second trivia night. And came third. Still respectable, yes, but slightly disappointing given the previous week's glory. And, in some ways, outright embarrassing as the winning team was a trio of teeny-chicks who had the air of particularly dense numbats about them.

Still, not to be put off, three hours ago to the now I attended my third trivia night. And came, well, somewhere beyond third - I lost count. Fair enough that the questions this week were a degree of difficulty higher than previous weeks, and may have suited some people's particular topics of interest (i.e. Shakespeare & Greek & Roman Mythology)....

But it is ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS that the triad of devilry won again. Having suffered a second taunting from these children, it became clear in my mind that they must be witches and we should BURN THEM. However, just as I reached for the lighter, a colleague tactfully pointed out that the chickettes appeared to have been using a magical device to assist them throughout the night. A telephone of mobility. Or "mobile phone", they said.



To this minute, it is still unknown whether the chicklets phoned a friend or are, indeed, witches. Either way, I stick to the point that their victory is absolute bollocks and we should, without hesitation, burn them.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I agree. The idea of young, intelligent women is so appallingly abhorrent, there must be another explanation. I think witchery is the most likely candidate, although possession and/or hypnosis are also possible. Burning seems like the most sensible, as it should resolve any of these problems.

Ali said...

Aaaah... Jim. Methinks you should attend next week's trivia to fully appreciate this dire situation. I say more power to the young, intelligent women out there. But these googling cheaters?? Stoke up the fire...

Anonymous said...

send in Tinks